CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 23, 2008

Accidents Happen

I was debating whether to call this post "Mother of the Year" because that is the award I should win. I mean, who leaves a HOT flat iron laying around where any 16 month old can touch it. Oh, a lot of people? Then maybe I do not deserve the Mother of the Year award. My heart broke when Quinn touched my flat iron and burned his two fingers. But the more I share with people what happened, the more curling iron burn stories I hear. It WAS an accident and we spent Sunday morning at Urgent Care so they could tell us to do nothing. That is what a $60 co-pay gets you these days. A nurse in our ward gave me some aloe and told us to give him Tylenol. (thank you!!) Other than that, he should heal on his own. Sigh....

5 comments:

M said...

Accidents happen. If it makes you feel any better, I accidently bonked Ashlyn's head on her swing tonight. I felt really bad!

Unknown said...

Well, if it makes you feel better -once when I was babysitting (when I was like 13) I left my curling iron on and the little girl grabbed it and it totally burned her head. Yeah, don't hire me to babysitt. By the way, i am going to call you it's just been crazy here! I'm thinking of ya - talk to you soon :)

Lifes Delish said...

Poor Quinn! Poor You! We have all had those wonderful mom moments when we ask What was I thinking!? I've had quite a few. Let's get together next week. My kids will hopefully be done passing around the flu.

Jen said...

Poor Quinn! Gavin touched the hot stove top when I pulled a pan off and forgot to turn it off and he reached right up there and plopped his hand on it. No fun. Hope he feels better soon!!

Unknown said...

that hurts my heart to see those tender fingers:(

xox