CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Another Baby Update

No pictures this time, strictly text. I went in for a follow up ultra sound to find that my cervix was open! There is a suregery they can do to stitch your cervix closed called a circlage. So Tuesday evening I had the surgery done and was in the hospital until Friday. The surgery went well and I did not have any cramping or contractions. (a good thing) After our experience with the last baby I could not help but be scared and sad. I was hoping for ZERO complications this pregnancy, but to my surprise, I do not have "free" pass this go around. The topper for me is that I am now on bedrest and have very limited up time. (10 minutes on the computer) I can shower, go to the bathroom and eat!
Thank goodness for family who have come to the rescue! Have you ever been so overwhelmed with the help and love of family that it brings you to tears? That is me! My mom and mother in law are both here locally and are my heroes. Anyone who has been around Quinn knows he is an extremely active boy with lots of energy. He is in constant need of watching because he is very curious. Most of Jason's family is here locally as well and have also stepped up. It has been amazing! More updates later, I think my 10 minutes is up!!!

7 comments:

Angi said...

Hang in there, Emmers. She will be worth it.

Brittany said...

gosh I know exactly what you're talking about!!! My best friend who lives in Indiana is preggers right now. She's had so many miscarriages but this time they pretty much got it down. She had to have that exact same surgery! And all the bed rest, only 10 mins up crap too =) She just had her stitches out last Tuesday, and is due on Nov. 24, so she can pretty much go into labor at anytime! Don't worry, everything will be fine I'm sure. Sorry didn't mean to make it sound like something exciting, I was just excited I knew what you were talking about! Hand in there, you're doing great! =)

Wendy said...

Shoot, I'm sorry to hear that you have to be on bedrest. That's got to be extremely frustating. Thank goodness for good family and friends.

AND It looks like you may need to get a laptop so you can blog while in bed. :)

Lesley said...

I am so sorry Em! Everything will work out just fine! Keep us informed!

J said...

Dang, I'm sorry to hear that! Matt and I would be glad to babysit if you need us...and we have a ton of books and movies if you need some entertainment. Let me know if we can help with anything, you'll be in our prayers!

Gretchen J said...

I am SO glad you have so many family members around you to help and take care of you and that sweet little boy. My prayers are with you and that sweet baby. You are loved and thought of from far away!!
Luvs,
Gretchen

Shelby said...

You're a trooper. Ask Victoria to find you a pedicurist that will do house calls since you are going to be looking at your feet a bit more.