CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Daddy's Boy


To my husband: you are right! I am blogging about this! After what seemed like 10 hours of TV on Sunday (not due to Conference, but due to Conference AND Football), Jason and I decided to take Quinn to the park. It was his first time on the swings and he loved it. We walked over there and I forgot how lovely it really can be here in Arizona. I think the worst is behind us and the cooler temps are knocking on our door! Quinn played in the sand and loved that also. It was so fun to go to the park and see what other people were up to. There was a neighborhood flag football game going on between what looked like 10 and 11 year olds. Three or four families had met up to build a skate ramp on the basketball court and BBQ. One grandma had taken her grandson on the swings and was eager to see how old Quinn was, what he was up to, and could he crawl? (not yet, a sort of army crawl, if you will) It reminded me of being in a small town on a beautiful fall day. It makes you forget all the chaos and crap that is going on in the world. It made me appreaciate family and the time that we are able to spend together. Which reminds me......The original reason for the blog.......Quinn is such a daddy's boy. He turns his head in excitement whenever he hears dad's voice. He will be crying and I will pick him up and he will still cry. I make the hand off to Jason and he stops! I feel like sometimes when he finally gets in dad's arms he looks at me like "HA! This is where I belong!" I am sure that will all change when he can comprehend who is feeding him, changing his diapers, and delightfully responding to his every whimper, cry and yelp! Or maybe he will just be a daddy's boy. I am OK with that, too.

0 comments: