CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 25, 2008

Annoying!


A couple of days ago Quinn and I were at Babies R Us and Quinn was his usual talkative self. One of the employess came up to us and was saying, "wow, he sure is talkactive and fun!" I smiled and we tried to keep shopping. Then she says, "I work in the Photo/Portrait Department and we are a bit slow right now. Would you mind if I borrowed your son as a model to help practice my posing? For your trouble, you will receive a free 8 x 10." I thought what is the harm. Of course they will try to upsell me for more, but I will just refuse. Well, this "employee" was all up in Quinn's face and actually kind of scaring him. I had never seen anything like it. Quinn turned into a whiney clingy baby, and I thought she better back off. When she started walking back to the camera and I would talk to him he would start to settle down and then she would do the whole "PEEK ABOO! WHOO! WHOO! PEEK A BOO!" and again he started to fuss whine and eventually cry. I wanted to say "Perhaps if we got him just playing or talking, rather than try to force him to LIKE you and pretend to smile..." She was so annoying and would not get out of his face. I could tell she was growing impatient and began to snap shots. This picture says it all! Poor kid. As soon as we walked out of there he was back to his smiley talkative self. On a side note, her portraits stunk. No wonder she wanted to "practice her posing". He isn't even centered in this picture. And for all of you out there thinking that this is what kids do when forced to look into a camera, Quinn had his pictures done at the Target Studio before and was an absolute angel.

1 comments:

Jen said...

Poor kid! His little tears, ugh that would bug me too! Oh and congrats on the baby girl!!