CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Lucy Comes Home!

What a wonderful surprise we had when we went to the hospital today.....Shannon (sister) and I went to give Lucy her 11am feeding and the doctor said we could take her home!! Lucy has been in the NICU for 11 days and it was so unexpected that Shan and I both started crying. The nurses were chuckling by our reaction, but touched. I told them it had been a long hard road and finally, this was the day I had been waiting for!! So Jason came up from work with her carseat and clothes and we brought Miss Lucy home. Woohoo!!

Jason, Emily, and Lucy
Aunt Shannon holding Lucy the night before she came home
Lucy, in her NICU crib
Big Brother Quinn getting Lucy her "Boo" (pacifier)
Big Brother thinking it is pretty cool to have a "bebe" around.
Thanks to everyone who prayed for Lucy and us. I feel so blessed to have a healthy baby in my arms, at last. I truly know that each baby born is a miracle. Lucy just happens to be our miracle. Welcome home Lucy!!

14 comments:

Anne said...

i am just sitting here crying because i am so happy for you. what a beautiful baby. what a great day. and quinn looks exactly like you. love you.

Shelbi Whittaker said...

Im so glad that she got to come home!! How exciting!!! It's funny, because thats about what happened to me...Me and my sister went down to the NICU for Libbie's 11:30 feeding and the nurses there told me that I could take Libbie home the next day. Me and My sister both started crying and the nurse even got a little teary eyed. Its so exciting to finally be able to bring them home. Have fun!!!

M said...

Yea! She is so pretty!

Brittany said...

Oh I'm so happy for you!! And Lucy is such a great name! Quinn looks so cute with his new sister =)

Angi said...

She really is soooo pretty! I've even looked at her pictures without my "aunt" glasses on, trying to see if I'm being objective or not. I LOVE the picture of Quinn giving her the Boo. That is so sweet. See, he already found something they have in common!

B, C and b said...

*SIGH*

Can't wait to meet her! Don't forget to give me a buzz when you catch your breath. And love Quinny's shirt...lol.

J said...

Yea! It sounds like a pretty perfect day. I'm so happy for you guys, she is beautiful!

Gretchen J said...

Yea!! I am so happy for you and your sweet family. Quinn looks like the happiest big brother! And Lucy is absolutely beautiful!! Congratulations!!
Luvs!
Gretchen

Lesley said...

Yea! She is so beautiful! Congrats!

Leigh said...

That binky is almost as big as her face!! She is gorgeous. Can't wait to meet her.

Unknown said...

yay! so happy for you!! congratulations!

Shelby said...

Welcome home Baby Lucy!

Perry Bunch said...

How is Lucy doing? I bet you guys are so happy to have her home. Is Quinn your big helper? Great pictures. Welcome home sweet baby Lucy!

Tiffany said...

BIG HUGE CONGRATS Emily! :) Big hugs too! :)