CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Quinn Goes to School

It is hard to beleive that Quinn had his 1st day of Pre-School this past Friday. For a long time I had been trying to get him "evaluated" for his speech. He says a gajillion words, but isn't talking in full sentences and sometimes (especially to the untrained ear), he can be hard to understand. I contacted Early Intervention here in Mesa and finally after months and months, Quinn has been enrolled in a Pre-School where he will meet with a speech therapist once a week. This is all still very new to us, but my understanding is that there will also be a speech therapist in the classroom a lot of the time to observe and interact with the kids. I am hoping that just being around kids his age and learning new things will bring him out of his shell. I talked school up so that hopefully the 1st day wouldn't be too tough on him. And he actually did quite well. We went and let him pick out his very own backpack and told him all the things he was going to do at school. When we walked in the classroom he instantly became shy, but when we met all the other kids and walked to the playground to play, he seemed to do all right. I snuck away at this point and the teacher said when he realized I was gone, he cried a little, but after that he did great! Phew!!! I think this is going to be a great experience for him! (and for me!)




The only picture of he and I before the big day, and it is out of focus!!

3 comments:

Anne said...

hooray for school! all those pictures of quinn are killing me.

G Johnson said...

He is getting so big! What a cutie and what a hottie momma!! You look great!! Isaac has speech therapist that comes to our house once a week and now I can't get him to shut up!!

Perry Bunch said...

This just happen in our house too. Wyatt turned 3. He goes to preschool for speach and OT. He loves it. Ellie gets to go and be a peer model. Her job is to tell me how the day went. Cause Wyatt does not have the voice yet to do so. It broke my heart them leaving. But they love it.