CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 1, 2010

The Race

Wow! I did it! I completed the PF Chang's Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do it after I had the flu the week leading up to the race. But somehow I ran it and finished! My time was terrible and slow, but now it gives me something to try and beat! 2 hours and 24 min. It was a great experience and I definitely want to do it again....only this time I want to be healthy!!Here are the other 2 rock stars that flew out to do the marathon. On the left is my sister in law Angi and the girl on the right is Lesley, her sister. Lesley ran the full marathon and didn't look like she broke a sweat! (that is water on her shirt) It sort of turned out to be a girls weekend because my sister Shannon and my other sisterin law Michele also came out. It was such fun to have all the girls together! Here we all are the night of the marathon enjoying a great big dinner, on Bob! Thanks Dad!
I am sure there is so much more I could say about the marathon and fun weekend that we all had together, but my time is limited today.....I promise to continue the blog, but maybe not as often as I should!!!

4 comments:

Anne said...

you look gorgeous, em. way to go. i am proud of you.

Leigh said...

I seriously don't know how you girls do it - what an accomplishment! Congrats!!

Angi said...

You did AWESOME! And just for the record, that is actually a REALLY respectable finish time, especially for your first race and ESPECIALLY since you were sick! Love you Em, it was such a fun weekend.

Perry Bunch said...

Way to go Emily!