CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

New Kicks

My new Nikes

Last Saturday I went running. I left Quinn with Jason and headed out for a morning jog. I ran for 4 miles. I was pretty proud of myself. When I got back I realized how much I love to run and how much I had missed it. It is the best strees reliever, best time to think, and the best exercise. I have been walking and had given up on running because I didn't want to push a stroller while doing it. But now I have had a taste of the freedom, a taste of the runners high, a taste of what I used to have. And now I want it back. So I got myself a pair of new running shoes. I am so excited! I got the kind that you can use with an I-pod Nano. I am not sure of all the bells and whistles, but I have had the chip for some time and just never got the shoes. I have heard great things about it, so I am excited to use it with my new shoes!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

I wish i could take a class on how to run and learn to love it. It is so hard for me to concentrate or think about anything else but running and how tired I am while running. I'm kinda jealous. But I'm very proud of your 4 mile run too. Good for you!!

Unknown said...

Okay Skeletor - I'm going to still have my last ten pounds of baby fat and you're going to be buff and cut all because I seriously cannot run! Maybe my will to be skinny will soon outweigh my dislike of running. You are an awesome motivator for me!