CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 9, 2009

We All Have a Throw Up Story

Yesterday started like any other. Quinn was taken by a friend and played at the park and had fun until his nap. He came home to nap and had been asleep only about 45 minutes when he woke up crying. I went in to see what was wrong and he would not settle down. Thinking he had an ear infection I called the Doctor and made an appointment to take him in. Then I called Jason and he came home from work so we could take Quinn to the doctor. (bedrest or not, I am going with my sick kid!)

The doctor checked him over and said that his ears were fine. Maybe bad gas? The doctor did say that Quinn has a 2 year old molar coming in and perhaps that is why he is fussy. Give him some Children's Tylenol and call it a day!

While we were driving home we wanted to stop at American Home. Apparently they are going bankrupt and need to liquidate. We thought we would peek in. Right as we enter the store Quinn threw up. Guess who was holding him??? NOT ME!!

Poor Jason. (doesn't he look hot with his beard?) But one of my favorite parts of this story is that I went into the store to find a worker to let them know what had happened so the front of the store didn't wreak like barf. I found an older lady and asked if there were towels or a janitorial closet that I might be able to help clean up the throw up of my son. She looks at me and says "why don't you go to the ladies room and get a paper towel?" Apparently she has never had to clean throw up. I stood there speechless, appalled really. Another worker (male) overheard our conversation and said "we have a janitorial staff that will take care of it, maam. If you could just go to the front desk and let them know to page the janitor, that would be great!" Done. So Jason drove us all home in his throw uppy outfit and we put Quinn in the tub right away. Only 3 more throw ups and Quinn was done. Like a new man today.

9 comments:

Angi said...

Oh Jas! That look on his face really says it all. (And I love the beard, very becoming on him)

Lesley said...

Oh that is the worst! Poor little guy. Glad he is feeling better!

Paige said...

Oh that title is so true! Great picture. Quinn will love it when he's big!

ehjenn said...

So brutal! Not much worse that throw up. I got it at Michaels, the craft store one day. I picked her up because she was crying and what happened next looked alot like your husband. Glad to hear he is feeling better.

Sara said...

So glad you weren't to busy to get that great picture of Jason with throw up all him.....are you trying to make us all sick. I love your 2008 review...what a great idea.

Gretchen J said...

I feel bad for little Quinn but I am laughing at Jason. That's like winning the lottery! And the lady in the store? SERIOUSLY?! I am glad he is as good as new!!

Gretchen J said...

I almost forgot...We do all have the throw up story and I will call you and tell you mine. It has to do with flying on an airplane alone with a lap child! Let's just say thank heavens my little girl liked to travel with blankets and I was glad I was wearing a shirt under the sweatshirt!!

B, C and b said...

Way to go Quinny! I can almost smell it by looking at that photo...yum!

Alyssa said...

Thats the greatest!! Just the other night Casen threw up in his bed. Darin got him up while I was still asleep and gave him a bath, then came and woke me up so I could help clean it up. :) Darin was so grossed out, he had a hard time going back to sleep.