CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 22, 2009

We Have a Date!

Finally! My doctor has scheduled my C Section for February 17! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have been on bedrest now for 13 weeks. I have had some ups and downs, but now I am truly getting excited to have this baby! You can learn a lot about yourself (and your husband for that matter) by spending 13 weeks on bedrest. I learned that I really do like a clean house. And my need to control that. I always want to get up and do dishes, laundry, pick toys up, etc. And I have learned that I have a husband that you just have to tell him to do it. In the ideal world, he would just do it, but he will do anything I tell him. (almost anything) I learned that TV during the day is all CRAP! I learned that when you have nothing else to do, you can finish a good book in day. I learned that it is not a good idea to watch the Food Network when you are on bedrest because then you just want to eat all day. I learned that when you call people to catch up, you really have nothing "new" to tell. So I quit calling. I learned that showering is sometimes optional when you lay around all day. I learned how to knit baby caps. I learned that the world keeps going even though I am not a part of it right now.
So here's to February 17. It means a new baby, new freedoms, and a lot more chaos! Bring it on!

11 comments:

Anne said...

yea!! you made it. i am proud of you for hanging in there---not that you had much of a choice. i love you and am excited to meet this baby girl.

Shannon said...

Hallelujah! I'm so excited to come back in 3 weeks and have a cute baby Lucy to snuggle!

Angi said...

Hooray! You are so close! That is your own little brand of marathon. It was so much fun to hang out with you in bed rest land! Next time I see you a little rest will sound like a dream come true to you. Hang in! Pull out a boo and kiss the heck out of a tiny cheek for me.

Shelby said...

That sounds like a good date. Hooray for the growing light at the end of the tunnel.

You bed-resters are my heros.

Lesley said...

Yea! Feb 17th is my little Ellie's birthday! We will share it wonderfully...with probably a million other people! :) Congrats!

Wendy said...

That's so exciting! You are a trooper for being on bedrest for that long. That is a crazy long time. Can't wait to see pics of your new little baby girl.

Alyssa said...

Emily!! I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to your shower tonight. I had a focus group at my house for my ward. I will be calling you in the morning to come by and drop something off to you.

Perry Bunch said...

I love your blog! I need to figure out how to post my on facebook. I am trying to figure it all out. How are you doing? Did you have a better night. I had one nurse that grabed the back of my neck and told me to breath. YEP!! During labor she did that. I really don't think she was a happy person.

Eric and Brooke said...

Emily...we are so excited for you...and so happy you made it. We are heading west this summer and hopefully will make it to AZ. We would love to see you guys!!!

natalie todd said...

Hey its Natalie (the nurse :) I found your blog through Caitlins. Its the 9th, I was suppose to work today but got cancelled and I'm wondering if you had little Lucy yet. I will be there tomorrow and hopefully see you in Postpartum!!

Unknown said...

amen, sister! bring it on!