CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 9, 2009

A Better Day

Friday turned out to be a better day than I thought. Ofcourse I had tears and grief, but I also had my family with me, which made me grateful for them. We were all together and getting through the day together. We decided to go to the cemetary and release some balloons in Jessica's honor. We each wrote a note to Jessica and then released the balloon into the sky.Then we went to eat at our favorite place, Costa Vida. It was so therapeutic for me. Jason with the 4 pink balloons

Jason writing on his balloon to Jessica
Me writing on a balloon got Lucy and Quinn
The bunch
Jason was videotaping the release of all the balloons
Flying away
and away
Quinn watching his balloon fly away
The face of trouble (yes, we are working on getting rid of that pacifier!)
Costa Vida.....I could eat there everyday
Quinn in front of the fountain at Costa Vida
And our Little Lucy also accompanied us. (what an angel)
So the year mark came and went and I have a feeling that with each new year, things will be better and better. The pain will lessen and time will take the sting away. Jess will always be a part of our family and in time March 6 can be more of a celebration!

7 comments:

Anne said...

you are killing me here. this is so sweet and touching and i am proud of you all for making that day such a special one. love you.

Angi said...

That was a great little tradition to start. I am so proud of Quinn for not freaking out when he let his go! He is just watching it so calmly. He already looks bigger than last time I was there. Miss you!

Gretchen J said...

What a great way to spend the day. It's amazing what you can do together as a family. I admire you guys and draw strength from your example.
Love you!

TZ Crew said...

What a great idea to write on the balloons and let them go. Very sweet post! Love ya

Brown Bunny said...

Love the post! - thank you for sharing such tender pictures.
Love you!

Perry Bunch said...

Beautiful post. I can not even imagine your pain. I glad this was a better day for you and your family. Emily you are an amazing person.

Campbell Family said...

I was reading this post and my heart just goes out to you. We just went through my sister loosing her baby a couple hours after he was born...just this January. Looking at your pictures was almost like a glimps into the future on what my sister would be doing. We also let go balloons with notes on them but after the funeral. I can only imagine what you've been through and how amazing it must feel to have your new little baby:) I hope that my sister will be blessed with another baby in the future. It's been such a learning experience trying to help my sister and to love her in a whole new way. She has opened up my heart in a way that I didn't know was there. My sister just started this blog in hopes to help herself heal by sharing her thoughts and feelings. She also hopes she can help others and meet new friends along the way and have other people to talk to. You should check it out www.enduringwell.blogspot.com
I always leave from there feeling very inspired...uplifted...and full of hope and love.
You sure have a cute family!
Love~Dara and Dave Campbell