CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Daddy Daughter Date

On April 13 my dad took me on a date to the Sun's game. I can't think of a better date. (hint hint babe) I have always had a special place in my heart for basketball. For those that know my brothers, they both played basketball all growing up and I attended a lot of their games. Ben and Rob both played at the college level and I always made it a point to be the loudest cheerleader for each. I have watched many a game and have come to love the sport. I LOVE to watch professional games. I have always had a huge crush on David Robinson (San Antonio Spurs), and after he retired I needed a new man to watch on the court. After years of searching, Amare Stoudemire was the clear standout. He was here locally (Phoenix Suns) so I could see him all the time on TV and he was soooooo fun to watch! (and those biceps aren't too hard on the eyes either) So I have had this crush on Amare for a couple of years so you can imagine my disappointment when he had to have eye surgery and would be out for this game and the rest of the season. ( I had secret hopes that he would still be at the game, just not dressed) But no such luck! It had been over 2 years since my last Suns game and I was sad he was not there. But here are a few of the Suns that I did see! (Did I mention that our seats were first row of the not padded seats and right next to the tunnel where the Suns come running out?!) It was awesome! I felt like a little girl waiting for the Beatles to come on stage or something. I kept looking at my dad to see if I was embaressing him, but he took it all in stride. Most of the pictures are blurry because these guys are always in motion and I do not have a killer camera!

Robin Lopez
Steve Kerr, General Manager of the Suns
Leandro Barbosa (one of my faves)
Shaquille O'Neal (He is GIGANTIC in real life!)
Steve Nash (last game I went to Steve and I made eye contact!)
So thanks Dad for an awesome date! I am ready to go again whenever you are!!! And Jason will be more than happy to watch the kids again...wait...I mean Jason will be more than happy to call his parents and have them watch the kids again!!

6 comments:

Anne said...

that is adorable!! and you wanted him there...but not dressed, huh?? just kidding. in know what you meant.

Angi said...

Hooray! I'm number 1 again on the comments! (hmmm, maybe I need to spend a little less time on the computer...) Looks super fun! I loved sitting with you at ben's games. You really are a great cheerleader. "BEN! BEN! SWEATY 10!" Plus, you would catch everything that was thrown anywhere near our section...EVERY time!

Angi said...

Dang it, Anne! You must have hit publish faster! thats what I get for making my comment so long

Alyssa said...

I love going to the suns games too. They are action packed! How fun to go with your dad too. I love the picture of Jason and Lucy. You should have got a face shot of Jason. That would have been awesome.

Alyssa said...

Oh ya, I meant to mention that I've heard (from Darin showing Amare property last year) that he's not the brightest person. Good thing he plays basketball.

Perry Bunch said...

Perfect Daddy Daughter date! I bet you love having the break from the kids.