CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Just Because

I spend a lot of afternoons outside. Lucy is awake from her nap, and Quinn just loves the outdoors. We go for walks, go to get the mail, go to the park, play in the backyard. I like it because it gives me time to think. Quinn is usually driving his blue truck around while I push Lucy in the stroller, or he is pushing Lucy while I stroll at my own pace. Either way, no kid is hanging on me begging for attention. I can feel good about the fact that we are together, while still being able to think.

I think about everything.

How long will it take me to fold all that laundry?
Lovin these kids!
It is getting warmer
I wish my arms looked like Rachel Freemans
Quinn's hair looks so blonde in the sunlight
Is Jess watching us?
Did the neighbor have her baby yet?
What should we do this weekend?
What can I do to earn some money?

And as soon as the outdoor time is coming to an end, I always have the same thought. "Please don't get any bigger." I love Quinn as a 3 year old and Lucy as a 1 year old. They are fun and crazy and make me laugh. I have hard days too, and from what I hear, toddler years can be some of the toughest. But I sure love the life we have right now. I love that we can all be together outside and not have to say a word, and yet we are all entertained. I love our outside time together, just because.

0 comments: