CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Ode to BJ

Today is the 3rd Anniversary of BJ's passing. It still seems like just yesterday we were harassing our college professors and whining about our love lives to one another. BJ was one of my best friends. I loved him like a brother and trusted him with my life. My husband and I were on of the last few people to talk to BJ. I cherish that phone call and wish that I had known it was going to be the last. BJ suffered from epilepsy and on a Sunday afternoon retreated to his bedroom to have some time alone. We think he had a seizure and just could not recover. He is sorely missed. His sense of humor is what I miss the most. He could make me laugh until I was crying. He was a passionate person and loved his sports teams! I have never seen anyone be such a die hard Golden State Warrior fan even when they had the worst record in the NBA. He also loved the Oakland A's. BJ was gifted with music. He loved to play guitar and throughout his life was in severla bands. Woodeye was probably the most remembered.
I miss and love him. I want him to know that he is definitely NOT forgotten!

2 comments:

TZ Crew said...

That is a very sweet tribute :)

Ben and Kimberly McEvoy said...

Hey Emily, this is a bit late on the comments. But I sure enjoyed seeing the picture of you guys and your comments. I know BJ loved you too. It was amazing how many people he connected with in a deep way. I just did a tribute to him the other day and really loved reading yours.

Ben