CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Sister



This is my sister Shannon. She is holding Quinn on his 2nd day out of the womb. I have been thinking about her a lot. Everyone should be so lucky to have a sister like mine. I start by saying that she has many talents and gifts and I often find myself wondering why I didn't get many of the same gifts. Afterall, we are from the same gene pool and grew up the very same way. I can play soccer. She can cook, decorate any room in the house, organize, remodel a kitchen, keep 3 boys (should I say 4, including her husband) busy and happy, research, plan vacations, sell things on CraigsList, know the fastest way to do something, train a seeing eye dog, and in her spare time paint, make dinners for friends, volunteer at the school, ride her beach cruiser, download music and still have time too keep up with SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE. I find that now I am married and have a 7 month old child,playing soccer well does me absolutley no good. I am in much need of Shannon's gifts/talents. I often call on Shannon for decorating ideas, recipes, organizatinal tips and the advice of a seasoned mother. She was there when Quinn was born and she helped me learn how to feed him, learn how to put him on a schedule. She cooked, she cleaned, she washed bottles, and she loved Quinn. It was one of those times that you are deeply grateful that you have a sister. Shannon, my sister. No, you can't have her. She is mine.

0 comments: