CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, April 7, 2008

Conference


This year was the first time that Jason and I tried to watch conference with a 1 year old running around. Needless to say, I saw bits and pieces and will have to go back and watch many of the talks over again. However, one talk that I did hear and listen to intently was M. Russell Ballard's talk on being a mother. Although I only have one child, I feel like much of my day is tending to his needs and cleaningup after him. When I was NOT a mom, I always wondered what the big deal was with people who have kids being on time, complaining about a dirty house, not getting out to a movie, having a filthy car, and the list could go on and on. I never realized how much time and energy one child would take out of me, and I can only imagine those of you that have 3, 4, 5, and 6 kids. I now see how being on time is a challenge, or just going on a date night. So I really appreciated Elder Ballard's talk and how he more appreciated his wife and her motherly duties after he was forced to take them over for a short while. I also loved when he talked about saying Thank You more often as spouses and children alike. What a better world this would be if we all were a little kinder and a little more grateful to one another.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I agree I loved this talk too. I loved how he spoke to not only the husbands, but the kids. No matter how many kids you have they keep you going and going and going, especially in these fun 18 months to 3 years phase!!

Shelby said...

Dave took our kids upstairs so I could listen to this talk alone. I loved it. Then after, I realized that I should have taken the kids upstairs so he could listen to it.