CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11


I couldn't let today go by without acknowledging 9/11. For the people who 7 years ago lost their loved ones, ran out of the Twin Towers, went down in a hijacked plane, or those of us that watched the terror unfold on TV, my heart goes out! I remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news. I had just arrived at work (6:30 am) and a co-worker said that an airplane crashed into one of the towers. I first thought it was probably a private plane that lost control. As the news got worse and worse as the day went on, I could not tear myself away from the TV they had going in the break room. I was horrified and scared. What was going on. Over the next several weeks I became obsessed. I watched TV for hours when I got home. I bought every magazine that even mentioned the tragedies of that day. My heart was so full. I felt lucky that it wasn't me. I felt blessed that it did not affect any of immediate family members either. Since then, I still seem to want to know more. I have watched the documentaries, the Hollywood films, and the TV shows that depict or tell the 9/11 stories. I don't know how you live through that. My heart goes out to all who lost a loved one on that terrible day. How unimagineable.

2 comments:

Angi said...

nice tribute! I was flying to MO on the 11th. Security was ridiculous. I think it is pretty stupid to beef it up for the 11th, but not other days. What are the chances that the terrorists will just stick to that one day to launch attacks. Miss you!

Angi said...

Where are you, girl? it seems pretty quiet around there.