CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Hero

This week has been another busy one! Yesterday Quinn and I were out running errands. I wanted to get everything done before his naptime, so then we could just play the rest of the day. I dropped my mom off at the airport. I went to Michael's. I went to Joanne's Fabrics. And here is where the story takes a screeching hault. I always start the car before I put Quinn in so it has some time to cool off. (it is still in the 100's here in good ol' AZ) So I threw my purse in the car, threw my Joanne's bag in and started the car. I Quickly shut the door and got Quinn out of the cart to put him in the car. Doors are all locked! What? How did this happen? I am not exactly sure. I didn't even know what to do. No cell phone, no purse, no spare key.
I asked a lady walking into Joanne's if she had a cell phone I could borrow. After many attempts of calling Jason, I finally got him! I was so embaressed. I told him what happened and he came to my rescue. He pulled up in his car about 15 minutes later and gave me some money to go get some lunch while he got the locksmith to come. He even borrowed a car seat from a lady at work so that Quinn could come with me. I grabbed some lunch (we pregnant people can't go too long w/out food!) and came back and the locksmith pulled up within 2 minutes. I was saved!
So thank you to my brave, fearless, wonderful husband who rescued his stupid wife. I love you! And yes, thank goodness Quinn was not in the car when I locked it.

7 comments:

Angi said...

HOOORAY for J! What a sweet one you have, I'll bet he didn't even grumble about it. I think you world must have been spun off kilter with you going to Joanns and Michaels. You should know better than to hit 2 craft stores in one day! I'll bet all the tides are gonna be messed up too! Be careful with our universe, EMO!

Lesley said...

Oh that's brutal! My sister in law did the same thing except the car wasn't on and her baby was inside. In the summer. Sean broke the window and saved the day!

Brittany said...

awww haha sorry I have to laugh. That's so something I would do..if it weren't for my dummie proof car that has automatic head lights and you can't lock the drivers door when it's open, you have to use the keys on the outside! In order to lock my keys in the car I would have to lock the drivers door, climb over to the passenger side and lock and close that door haha. My brother however did lock his keys in the car..while it was running. I'm glad Quinn wasn't in there though! That would've been horrible. But really, don't feel too bad, it could've happened to anyone =)

Alyssa said...

What a great husband. I'm always afraid of that happening to me too! My car doors won't lock if the car doors are open while the car is on. At the beginning of your story I thought you were going to say that your car didn't start so you got to get a new one. I'm waiting for that to happen to me!:) We need to get together soon!!

Leigh said...

Thank goodness for cell phones!! I did that outside a Wal-Mart once. So glad Quinn wasn't in there, although it's a lot cheaper (and quicker) to get the police out there rather than a locksmith. (we learned from experience.) :(

Unknown said...

And I know exactly where you are talking about. Man, now I know who to call when I need help!

TZ Crew said...

He is a good guy! Even when he drives us nuts sometimes we still love him! He's a wonderful older brother. I feel that though that you had to be stuck outside your car!